Bulgarian Adventure Tourism will take you to a few traditional Bulgarian village, an Eco route in the mountain, the highest waterfall in Bulgaria and the highest peak of “Stara Planina” mountain, “Botev” 2376 meters.
* Destination: The mountain that you will visit is the longest mountain in Bulgaria and it starts from the west side of the country and finishes to the east side at the Black Sea.
* Summits and Altitude: This tour has only one peak that will be climbed and he is the highest peak in this mountain, “Botev” 2376 meters. Summary of the ascending and descending denivelation for the whole trip is roughly is: 1700 meters.
* Tour Duration: This journey will last six days. Every day we start with breakfast at 7:30 AM and after that we start with the plan for the day.
- Day 1: Traveling from Sofia capital cityto the traditional Bulgarian village “Koprivshtitza”. This village has left a very important mark in the Bulgarian history and it has to offer traditional environment all over the village with the old-time house, and buildings, as well as traditional food. We will be having dinner here and will be sleeping in this village.
- Day 2: Breakfast, travel to “Kalofer” town. We will be having a small walk in the town and after that to the eco route in the mountain that can offer great sights, beautiful nature and great places for relaxation. At the end of the day we will be sleeping and having dinner in the mountain in a guest house or a hotel.
- Day 3: Breakfast, this day we will be having a long trek in the mountain. At the end of the day we will arrive at the highest waterfall in Bulgaria “Raiskoto Praskalo” (waterfall height: 124.5 meters) and lodge “Rai” 1530 meters. We will be having dinner and sleep here.
- Day 4: Breakfast, climbing “Botev” summit 2376 meters, which is the highest summit in “Stara Planina” mountain. Rest on top of the peak, taking pictures and descending to the lodge. Resting, having dinner and sleep.
- Day 5: Breakfast, descending from the lodge to the hotel or guest house. Having dinner and sleep here.
- Day 6: Breakfast, travel to Sofia capital city.
* Sleeping Arrangements: One lodge and a hotel or a guest house in the mountain. The lodge is “Rai”.
* Logistics: Traveling from city to city in the country will be accomplished by a car or a small bus depending on the size of the group.
* Every single participant must provide:
- Legit health insurance.
- Personal data for the mountain rescue form.
* Every single participant: pays for his transport fees, as we don’t provide your flight or travel from your country to and from Bulgaria, back to your country.
* We provide: We will supply you with mountain rescue insurance, and the sleeping arrangements. If anybody has some specific requirements for the food, we must know in advance. For some meals in the lodges there are required particular preparation.
* Equipment: If you want to take part in this trek you must have the following equipment: mountaineering boots, backpack, spare clothing, anti-rain clothes, sun protection, sun glasses, sleeping bag, trekking poles, personal first aid kit and mosquito protection
* Food: The meals are not included in the final price. If you wish to have food, we could add it for 20 euro per day. Meals include breakfast and dinner. Lunches are not included.
OLD MOUNTAIN'S TREK
LONG TREK ADVENTURE
EXTREME CAVE EXPLORING
* required field
Copyright Ⓒ 2014 Bulgarian Adventure Tourism. All rights reserved
Created by Anna G. Studio